Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Florida Plein Air 2024

 This winter I was on my own looking for sites to paint as I missed hooking up with Shawn Dell Joyce.  The first place I visited was The Boyd Hill nature center that had a magnificent  collection of caged raptors, owls, eagles, hawks.  I wander to the marshy mangrove area where I caught some water fowl feeding.



As my host and good friend Larry wanted to go fishing we rode to the coast off of New Port Richie.  I left him casting, hoping he would catch some grouper.   A bit farther  down the beach I spotted  a family  starting to fish with the accompanying local who thought he owned this spot.

                                                                     



My next trip was a solo drive to a state park, called Honeymoon beach.  It is also the access to Calista Island state park which is only reachable by a ferry.  I painted this view from the terrace of a small cafe at the rest and parking area.



Before I left Florida to return to the chilly north I sought out a nature park in the Trinity area where I was staying.  About two miles from my friend's home was  the perfect spot.  I chose the park information office.






No comments:

Post a Comment