Saturday, April 13, 2019

Spring Shows

The annual Sussex County Arts and Heritage Skylands show is coming up in May at the studio in Newton.  My entry is a barn in  Hampton township.  I painted this in a more rapid style as if it were a plein air work.  I like the freshness of the application.


The Sussex County Art Society is hosting a "Fabulous Fakes" show in  June 7-9 at the Community/Chapel building at the Shoppes at Lafayette Village.  So far we have some excellent and broad ranging entries.  Copies of Klimpt, Constable, Homer, DeGas and Sargent, among others.

I have two entries.  One is of my favorite Winslow Homer painting,  Canoe in Rapids.  Although he painted it in oil, mine is in watercolor.


My second "fake" is a version of John Singer Sargent's Lago di Garda.  This was an interesting learning experience, incorporating his colors, brushstrokes and Plein air technique.




The Highlands Coalition is having an art show in Morristown in May.  I submitted a version of the Van Kirk house in winter and two others.



1 comment:

  1. Pat - love your work! Is it available for purchase?

    ReplyDelete